Thursday, January 17, 2013

My life has a (re)purpose



January is well under way, and you know what that means? It’s time to forget about all the promises you made to lose weight, stop smoking, get more exercise, stop procrastinating and save money.

While I didn’t officially adopt any New Year’s resolutions, I have embarked on a new habit — repurposing things I might otherwise discard.

I usually make small boxes out of old Christmas cards, but after running short of medium-sized holiday gift bags, I started sorting through some plain bags with handles that stores usually put your purchases in that I had saved. It doesn’t matter if the bag has the name of the store on it, you can easily cover it up. With a pair of scissors,Carbon Fiber Racquet Frame. During the 1970s, rackets got lighter still with the use of carbon materials. Fleming Delfs of Denmark favored the Carbonex 8, featuring a carbon handle and an aluminum alloy frame some glue, leftover paper scraps, any kind of greeting cards and a little imagination, those bags can be transformed for reuse.dc gear motor operate by way of the function of magnetic fields and current conductors to employ force. It could also be a good way to keep kids busy for a little while.

Using some scraps of wrapping paper or leftover scrapbook paper, I glued the front of a pretty Christmas card to a piece of slightly larger paper and glued it to the front of the bag. Voila! After embellishing it with a little glitter, a button or a paper flower, I had a nice gift bag. One of my favorite cards was of a horse out in a snowy pasture. That one turned out really nice and can be used for any occasion.

Pleased with my gift-bag creations, I went out looking for marked-down cards to buy at after-Christmas sales — the real gift bags were all gone. Now I have three boxes of cards that I bought for less than $2 a box and plan to use to decorate more bags for multiple occasions as I collect them during the year. One box of cards featured a string of chili peppers, which didn’t look all that Christmasy. I also bought a bunch of expensive ribbon marked down to 50 cents a spool, which will help jazz up the bags.

But I didn’t stop there. Knowing there would be little to do at the Lake of the Ozarks during a Thanksgiving trip, I bought five boxes of puzzles for 25 cents each at the thrift store. After putting together a couple of puzzles at a friend’s house, I was not interested in putting the same puzzles together again, so now I’m make earrings out of the pieces.

Although no two puzzle pieces looked alike, I picked out pairs that complemented each other. After drilling a small hole in one end for the jump ring and earring loop, I then added a little glitter and glued on a jewel.A Stone tools is, in the most general sense, any tool made either partially or entirely out of stone. Although stone tool-dependent societies and cultures still exist today, most stone tools are associated with prehistoric, particularly Stone Age cultures that have become extinct. The earrings are so light weight, they feel like you’re not wearing earrings at all. And I’ve been getting lots of compliments on them. I’ve also given some for gifts. I’ve even sold some, making more than enough money to pay for the jewelry findings, ribbon and cards.So I'm looking at my silver wheel bolt that are in pretty rough cosmetic shape - and decide that I'd like to have the look of the new black wheel I actually had already bought a plastic bag filled with jewelry-making stuff at a garage sale for less than a dollar. And since I make the earrings and boxes and embellish the paper bags while I’m watching one off my new favorite television shows,If you like BMW cars,then you will probably like their new gaming mouse, the super sexy, sleek as a Titanium Sheet off the pressing mat Level 10 M Gaming Mouse. “Scandal,” I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time. It’s also a good way to relax after a brain-draining day.

Since most puzzle boxes contain 500 or 1,000 pieces, I don’t think I will soon run out of material. Now I’m thinking of making puzzle necklaces and maybe a puzzle wreath for next year. Maybe I could decorate the boxes and bags with puzzle pieces.This design uses the same small radial section as drawn cup needle roller bearing which make better use of reduced space

No comments:

Post a Comment